As we're approaching year end, there's no better time to find the perfect diary or planner to help you achieve all your goals next year. However, with so many options out there, we get how confusing and frustrating it can be to find the one that suits you. We've been there. In fact, over and over again, we have spent money a planner only to see it dust on the shelves after a few weeks. This happens when you the planner doesn't fit your needs and lifestyle.
So, get ready for a lengthy but helpful post. We have put together 5 questions to ask yourself before you buy a planner or diary for the new year. Once you have a clearer understanding of what you're looking for, take a look at the planners and diaries at the end of this post.
1. Why do you need a diary or planner? A simple yet complex and overlooked question. Think about why you feel you need a planner in your life. Are you trying to get more organised and pre-prepared? Do you need to jot down thoughts on the go? Are you struggling to manage your daily schedule and get things done? Do you need to create space for reflection? This question will help guide you through the below questions.
2. What is your overal focus? Most planners are designed with a specific focus in mind. No planner will meet every possible planning need, which is why it's important to find the planner that focuses specifically on what you want. For example, focus areas include happiness, reflection and mindfulness, work and entrepreneurialism.
3. When will you use the planner? If you need an everyday schedule, go for a dated planner. However, if you want to kick off planning anytime, and perhaps skip a few days here and there, an undated one is perfect.
4. How far ahead do you focus? Do you prefer to have a weekly overview, or do you live one day at a time? Consider daily and weekly planners, the former gives you more space but is usually heavier. Most planners also have yearly and monthly overviews.
5. What look and feel works for you? Lastly, go with a look and feel that suits you. Do you prefer simple and minimalistic, unique and quirky, or colourful and cute?
After answering the above questions, consider the below planners and diaries and select one that meets your needs. This post will be kept up to date as we add more diaries and planners to our range. In all our planner and diary product pages, we outline all sections included so you have a full overview of what you're getting.
This daily planner provides enough space for each day, with monthly summaries for a good overview, goal setting pages for effective planning, and monthly quotes for inspiration. If you're looking for an aesthetically minimalistic and effective planner with ample space, this is the one for you. Comes in black, white/stone, and kraft. You can find it here.
This weekly planner provides enough space for each week (while remaining compact), with monthly summaries for a good overview, goal setting pages for effective planning, and monthly quotes for inspiration. Similar to the above, it is aesthetically minimalistic and effective - but lighter than the daily planner. Comes in kraft. You can find it here.
The Happiness Planner 2017
This planner helps you understand and apply practices of positive thinking, mindfulness, gratitude, and self-development, so you can welcome more positivity, joy, and happiness into your life. And because it's undated with daily pages, you can start your journey to happiness whenever you want. If you're looking for a colourful planner focused on happiness, this one is for you. Comes in aqua, navy, and pink. You can find it here.
This work-focused goal setting workbook will help you get things done by focusing on one day at a time. With both monthly and weekly spreads, project pages, reflection sections, and motivational quotes on thick perforated paper, this planner will be your new work buddy. Use for planning and tracking to get closer to your goals every day. This planner is perfect if you are style conscious, and like the sleek professional look. You can find it here.
If you are ready to translate your aspirational dream into actionable goals, this diary is right for you. With a dedicated purpose section, clear goal worksheets, inspirational quotes, and dated weekly spreads with habit tracking, you will be ticking off milestones in no time. Sleek enough to suit the professional, and jam-packed with inspiration. Comes in black, navy, mint, and a special pink edition. You can find it here.
Ella Iconic - 2017 CEO of My Own Life Planner
With dedicated sections for all areas of your life - business, home and family, health and fitness, and 'me' - this stylish daily planner is perfect if you are a busy individual, entrepreneur, and/or someone who is looking for ultimate life balance and achievements. With an effective structure and framework to help you achieve balance, this planner is also flexible enough to fit your individual lifestyle. Comes in black elegance, lavender and mint, and blush and champagne. You can find it here.
Hope you've found a diary that is perfect for you. However, if you're still struggling, send us a tweet with your needs and we'll match you with a diary and planner!